Ashley Botten Design is seeking an experienced Design Associate to join our Toronto-based team. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated and meticulous individual who is able to lead a strong team and act in a lead role for high-end residential design projects.
You will be involved in various aspects of projects from design development, construction drawings to construction administration. The successful candidate must demonstrate an enthusiasm for handling increasing levels of responsibility and be interested in developing their skills and growing along with the studio.
● Lead the creative and conceptual stages of the design projects
● Collaborate seamlessly with our clients, as well as other designers, architects, contractors, fabricators, artisans, and developers on multiple projects.
● Be responsible for material sourcing and specification, custom furniture design, visual research, furniture sourcing, graphic and visual presentations, in addition to maintaining budgets and project timelines.
● Create project documentation including the submission of a full drawing set, specification writing, schedules, and construction administration
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
● 5-7 years of experience in interiors and a degree from an accredited school
● Passion for design and an eye for detail
● Knowledge of the full design process including concept, schematic, design development, construction documentation, construction administration, procurement, and installation.
● High proficiency in AutoCad, SketchUP, and Revit for in-house projects and to adapt those from collaborators as needed.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a willingness to adapt to the daily needs of the design team.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume along with a cover letter and your portfolio (required) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state “Design Associate” in the email subject line. No phone calls please.
CAD Interior Design Technologist
Ashley Botten Design is seeking a talented intermediate CAD Design Technologist to join our
Toronto-based team. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated and meticulous individual
who is able to lead a strong team and act in a lead role for high-end residential design projects.
The successful candidate will support projects by taking ownership of Interior Design packages,
developing them from 3D visuals to detail and construction documentation. You are a creative
and innovative team player but are also self-driven and can work independently.
● Develop layouts and construction documents from start to finish. Attend and actively
participate in meetings and prepare necessary documents and schedules.
● Work through the design development phase up to the construction administration
phase, including some project administration.
● Carry out site surveying, create working drawing sets, and millwork detailing when
● A problem solver; you have the ability to seek and innovate around ideas to support the
design team with solutions to their design.
● Ability to leverage your strong interest with material innovation and evolving technologies
pertaining to design.
● Learn and follow visual standards for Ashley Botten Design project
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Diploma from a recognized architectural technologist program.
● Minimus 3 years experience in a similar role within interior design or architecture
● Exceptional technical skills including knowledge of building codes, construction, and
● Experience with high-end multi‐residential ( a must), commercial retail interior design (or
hospitality design would be an asset
● Good communication and time‐management skills are essential
● Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
● AutoCAD, SketchUP, Revit (an asset), Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, In‐Design,
Acrobat, Illustrator), Microsoft Office, Design Docs.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume along with a cover letter and your portfolio
(required) to: email@example.com
Please state “CAD Technologist” in the email subject line. No phone calls please.
Bookkeeper & Office Administrator
Ashley Botten Design is seeking a full-time Bookkeeper & Office Administrator to join our growing team in the Toronto studio. This position will be responsible for all aspects of our daily bookkeeping functions: maintaining financial records, account receivable/payable, transactions, banking, reporting, and account reconciliations.
This role will also be responsible for general office duties as well as providing some administrative support for the Creative Director. The ideal candidate is highly organized with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. This is a full-time hybrid position, with work split between in the Queen West-based studio and home office.
● Using QuickBooks and DesignDocs manage day-to-day reconciliation for the studio, including invoicing and timesheet management.
● Coordinate accounts payable including invoice verification and ensure timely payments
● Stay on top of all transaction records and resolve irregularities
● Prepare reports and keep records
● Support the procurement process for the studio
● Organize daily schedules, arranging meetings, appointments and managing travel itineraries
● Filing (physical and digital), some data entry and supplies tracking & management.
● Oversee and enforce office procedures
● Create and update documentation and filing.
● Assist with mail and office correspondence as well as incoming or outgoing shipments
● Provide reception and administrative support as required
● Run errands as necessary
● University or College Degree in finance or accounting
● Minimum 2 years of administrative experience
● Exceptional English written and oral communication skills
● Excellent written & verbal communication skills
● Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Quickbooks
● Strong attention to detail, ability to work in a complex and fast-paced working environment in a timed and organized manner
● Self-directed and able to work without supervision on multiple tasks
Great assets to have:
● Interest and experience in art, architecture and/or interior design
● Drivers license
● Knowledge or experience in Design Docs
Qualified candidates please submit your resume along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state “Bookkeeper/Admin Assistant” in the email subject line. No phone calls please.